What I learned from Yuantari – Friday ( Bahasa Inggris )

 What I learned from Yuantari – Friday ( Bahasa Inggris )

( NO COPY AND PASTING )

Yuantari – Friday ( Bahasa Inggris )

First thing I did was the teacher gave me an assignment to do. She gave me a link  to a song, and I had fill in the blank words. The song is Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran, and we have to listen to the audio and put in the words which are missing, and too make it easier the website gave us a list of words on the song.

Control, escape ( x3 ), far, fun, intention, know, lights, long, lose ( x3 ), say ( x3 ), space ( x3 ), stranger ( x3 ), and wonderful.

It started with: ( Ed Sheeran Bad Habits )

Every time you come around, you (1) I can't say no

Every time the sun goes down, I let you take (2)

I can feel the paradise before my world implodes

And tonight, had something (3)

 

The first one was know, the second one was control, the third one was wonderful. Then after that it was:

 

My bad habits lead to late nights, ending alone

Conversations with a (4) I barely know

Swearing this will be the last, but it probably won't

I got nothing left to (5), or use, or do

 

My bad habits lead to wide eyes state into (6)

And I know I'll lose control of the things that I (7)

Yeah, I was looking for a way out, now I can't (8)

Nothing happens after two, it's true, it's true

My bad habits lead to you

 

The fourth one was stranger, fifth one was lose, sixth one was space, seventh one is say, eighth one is escape. Then after that it’s just:

 

Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh

My bad habits lead to you

Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh

My bad habits lead to you

 

Every pure (9) ends when the good times start

Fallen' over everything to reach the first time's spark

It started under neon (10), and then it all got dark

I only know how to go too (11)

 

The Ninth one is intention, the tenth one is lights, then the eleventh one is far. Then it starts repeating over again.

 

Link: Song: -Bad Habits- by Ed Sheeran worksheet (liveworksheets.com)

Questions:

After listening to Ed Sheeran’s song, Bad Habits, please answer the following questions!

1.    What’s the title of the song?

Bad Habits

2.    Who is the composer of the song?

Ed Sheeran, Fred Again, and Johnny McDaid

3.    Who has bad habits?

Ed Sheeran

4.    What are those bad habits?

Doesn’t tell

5.    What are the effects of those bad habits?

Makes him stay up all night and talking to strangers he doesn’t know, it also makes him stare into space, and he loses control of things that he says.

6.    Please tell me about your bad habits!

I like to eat snacks and junk food

 

Then Yuantari gave me another one, the song is from Shrek called "Now I'm a Believer" Scene. Same thing, listen to the song and put the words that you hear in the blank space. The lyrics are:

 

I thought love was only true in fairy (1)

Meant for someone else but not for me

(2) was out to get me

That’s the way it seemed

Disappointment haunted all of my (3)

 

Then I saw her face, now I'm a (4)

Not a (5), of doubt in my mind

I'm in love, and I'm a believer

I couldn't leave her if I tried

 

Come on, you all

Then I saw her (6) (ha-ha)

Now I'm a believer (listen)

Not a trace of doubt in my (7)

I'm in love (Ooh, ahh, yeah)

I'm a believer

I couldn't leave her if I tried

(Skipped some of the lyrics because too long)

I believe (I'm a believer)

I believe (People in the (8)

(Skipped some more)

Ah, ha

Oh, that's (9)

Oh, oh

I can't breathe, I can't (10)

 

1) Tales. 2) Love. 3) Dreams. 4) Believer. 5) Trace. 6) Face. 7) Mind. 8) Back. 9) Fun. 10) Breathe.

Link: Shrek song: listen and fill in the blanks worksheet (liveworksheets.com)

 

And class is done.

 

 

Yuantari – Friday ( Bahasa English ) 14/4/2023

We first just did a 30 minute listening test and got 23 out of 30 or 77% / 100%. Which is pretty good

Then we did another 30 minute listening test and got 24 / 25  or 96% / 100% which is very good.

And then we finished

The 2nd one we did

false

true

false

true

true ( 5/5 )

 

inherited

working for 2 years

is late / taking a while

more

agriculture ( 4/5 )

 

stockholm is better than prague

stolkhom than prague

prague isnt as stockjolm

prague has a better nightlight than stockholm

stolkholm are less friendly than in prague

( 5/5 )

 

 

very safe before but now very anxious and too dangerous

traditional and cultural and boring for her and too much  for tourist

too much old buildings and want more modern buildings

is too small and too quiet and no nightlife and no mall

no roads are too slow and too crowded

( 5/5 )

 

 

boyfriend

beach hut

bus

camped and ate

new girlfriend ( 5/5 )

 

 

 

 

Yuantari – Friday ( Bahasa English ) 5/5/2023


First Yuantari showed me a song about a mothers love and she will give me questions to answer which is about the song.

 

Reff:  (refrain) is the line (or lines) that are repeated in music or poetry. we can also call it chorus

 

Questions

1. What is the title of the song?

A Mothers love

 

2. What is the theme of the lyrics?

A Mothers love

 

3. How many characters are represented in the lyrics? What words represent the characters?

3 Character

 

4. What does "me", "she" and "you" in the lyrics refer to?

She refers to the mother, you and me refers to the mothers children

 

5. To whom are the lyrics addressed?

To the mother and us

 

6. What does the lyrics tell us about?

It tells us how much mothers care for us and will always stay with us

 

7. What do you think the singer / writer wants to tell through the lyrics?

That mothers is hardworking because they care for us and stay with us


 

Questions

1. What is the title of the song?

Color Him Father

 

2. What is the theme of the lyrics?

About a hardworking father

( Yuantari Answer: A son's love/ a son's admiration to his father )

 

3. How many characters are represented in the lyrics? What words represent the characters?

9 Character, or He, She, They, I

( Yuantari Answer: There are 5 characters. )

 

4. What does "He", "she" and "I" in the lyrics refer to?

“He” Refers to the Step-Father, “She” Refers to the Mother, and “I” Refers to yourself

( Yuantari Answer: "He"= his father, "I" = the son, "She = his mother" )

 

5. To whom are the lyrics addressed?

To the Father, Mother, and her kids

( Yuantari Answer: The lyrics are addressed to a father )

 

6. What does the lyrics tell us about?

About a Hardworking dad helping out a mother

( Yuantari Answer: A son who realizes how much his father's love is )

 

 

7. What do you think the singer / writer wants to tell through the lyrics?

Dads are hardworking to support their family

( Yuantari Answer: The singer/ writer wants to tell us that he admires his father. He realizes that his father has sacrificed many things for his family. )

 

 

Homework:


Due till next week

 

 

Yuantari – Friday ( Bahasa English ) 12/5/2023

Today we learn about pronouns, verbs, etc…

Noun: Is a word that names a person, a place, a thing, an animal, or an idea.

Persons: Leica, Keila, Teacher

Places: Philippines, Sanchez Mira, China

Things: Bag, Car, Pillow

Animals: Carabao, Dog, Cat

Ideas: Leadership, Freedom, Knowledge

 

Pronouns: A word that takes the place of a noun. It refers one or more person.

1st Person:

Singular: I, me, my, mine.

Plural: We, us, our, ours.

 

2nd Person

Singular: You, your yours.

Plural: You, your, yours.

 

3rd Person

Singular: He, him, she, her, it, his, her, hers, its.

Plural: They, them, their, theirs.

 

Verb: A word that expresses an action or state of being or experience

Examples: ran, walk, jump, eat.

 

Adjective: Words that modifies nouns and pronouns

Examples: Happy, strong, beautiful, gorgeous, pretty, thin, adorable, delicious.

 

Adverb: A word that modifies a verb, an adjective, another adverb

Examples: Always, softly, uniquely, entirely, loudly

 

Preposition: Is a word that expresses a relationship between a noun or a pronoun and another word in a sentence.

Examples: Above, behind, in, on, at, under, beneath.

 

Conjunction: Connects individual’s words or groups of words.

Examples: or, but, for, nor, yet

 

Interjection: Expresses strong emotion and is often followed by an exclamation mark ( ! ).

Examples:

1. Cheers! It's time to go home.

2. Congrats! You won the game.

 

Link to video: Parts of Speech "Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb, Preposition, Conjunction, Interjection" - YouTube

 

Homework

Do part 2 of the homework for next week homework.


Yuantari – Friday ( Bahasa English ) 26/5/2023

I did a test from this link: English Grade 7 - Reading Comprehension Tests (englishteststore.net)

Until I got till the 12th test and in total I did 69 questions in an hour.

My score: 63 / 69               or              91 / 100%

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I did today -Syafiq

A Fun day - Tuesday 5/12/2023

A strange day... - Tuesday 19/12/2023