A strange day... - Tuesday 19/12/2023

 

A strange day… - Tuesday, 19/12/2023

Today was a strange day. The day first started off kind of sad, this is because today I have a dentist appointment and that means I have to skip P.E. P.E is usually the most fun subject because it’s fun and very limited as it only occurs once every week.

I firstly woke up in the morning to pray, once I finished praying, I went down stairs to make my breakfast, once that I went back upstairs to shower as my brothers didn’t want to shower first. Once I finished, I put on my clothes and prayed again. I read the Qur’an and went back downstairs to finish my breakfast. Once it was time to go to school, we stayed at home since we had a dentist appointment. We left at around 8:40 to go to the dentist with our school uniform and bikes, and once we arrived at 9:00, we waited around 9:15 till it was my older brother turn, then my turn WAS supposed to start at 9:25 but instead it happened during 9:20 because it was so quick. Then it was my little brother turn at 9:25, we decided to wait like 7 minutes till 9:32 because at 9:45 we skip our first lesson and it would be breaking time. We decided to do this because it would be bad showing up during a lesson with nothing to do. Once it was 9:32, we said bye to our parents and set off to school.

Once we arrived to school, this is when the weird stuff start happening, we entered the school gate like nothing, some teachers were walking to us so we thought they were going to ask us some questions, but instead they just walked by and said, “Good morning”, which we found so weird because we are an hour late to our school. Then we locked our bikes and went inside the reception area, thinking again that we were going to be questioned by the receptionist, but instead they just let us pass and we went into the school like nothing happened. It was so weird and bizarre as we had never experienced this. Then we talked to our friends and walked around the area.

Once it was time for our second lesson, but for us, our first lesson, I had was Math. During math, I was like dozing off during class. For some reason, I just forget stuff very easily, like when the teacher is doing the register, I never remember the teacher saying, nor do I remember even remember the teacher even doing it, but apparently the teacher did do it and I probably didn’t say anything because I never remembered saying something during register. This feels very weird to me as I just randomly do this and I don’t get it. During math, we just learned about some stuff and an actual lesson because tomorrow we would be doing a fun lesson about a pirate game which was something new to me as I had never played this game ever in my life. The things we learn about was just the stuff we had learned on Monday but just more advanced and to make sure that we are able to understand and also a new thing to learn about so we can work on it in future lessons, but that future lessons are going to be after a week in January as we will have Christmas holiday or Winter holiday for like 2 weeks on the Friday which is on the 22/12/2023. That day, we won’t have any school for 2 weeks and Thursday will be our last school day, which is just going to be a half day school. After Math, my next class would be in Geography.

Once the class had ended, and all of us started walking to Geography, I didn’t realise any of my friends were with me, so that means they were already in the class. Once I arrived, everyone was already getting in groups for some reason which I had no idea about. Apparently, we were suppose to group into 4 partners in total and we were going to answer questions on the Quiz on the board. The teacher had spent the past day creating this for a fun lesson today but there were a few class clowns in the back that were sort of ruining the vibe for the whole class. They were screaming and shouting Christmas lyrics and the teacher let it slide but it started getting too loud and they started talking about something else instead of the Christmas song. The teacher decided to kick the loudest one and the most annoying one out and we continued with the quiz. The quiz was kind of confusing as we don’t know anything about Christmas but the teacher did provide us with some clues and some sources that could help us, like the videos, and we were to answer questions that were provided answers with the video. The video was quite short, so we had much more time to answer the questions. Although there was a lot of Christmas questions, they weren’t all Christmas, some were also about geography stuff that we had learned, like the tectonic plates, disasters, fossil fuels, and more. So that was good because at least I answered some questions correctly instead of just doing none of it. At the end of the lesson, we had finished the quiz and everyone went out for lunch but I stayed behind to help the teacher really quickly. I decided to help moving the tables really quick so the teacher can clean up much quicker. There were also some other students, the teacher thanked me and I left the class to eat my lunch.

Once I arrived to the cafeteria and met up with my brother and friends, I went to the bathroom and took a wudhu, this is because I am going to pray with my brother after we finish eating at the new building, as the school has a prayer room / quiet room where you can pray. Me and Azka went to a table where my other friends were at and we started eating and chatting to each other about the stuff happening in our lessons. I also asked one of my friends what happened during P.E, and he just said not to worry about it because we didn’t do the thing that was going to our grade, but rather they just did the P.E where it was optional, you either could pick dodgeball or football, not the grade one. We ate our food and once we were done, one of my friends which was a ‘Muslim’ where he told me a lot of stories where his sister feeds him pork bacon to trick him for some reason, told us that he couldn’t pray because he ‘lost’ his prayer pass. I have no idea how he loses a prayer pass in just 1 day after getting it but he lost it. Anyways, me and Azka went to the new building and started praying. We decided to pray 2 of the prayers because we wanted to save time and that we could do it anyways. Once we arrived to the new building, it took about 4 minutes and the time it took for us to pray was 4 minutes as well, at the end we had about a minute left to do our do ‘a to finish our prayer and we got on our shoes back on, bag, and blazer, then we went back to our form class.

Once we arrived to our form class, the teacher did the register and did the announcement until the teacher said that we were to draw something which was weird because no one drew something before. The teacher gave us a Russel paper where we were to colour it in with different colours. She gave us tons of colour pens to draw in the paper and we didn’t have enough time. At the end of the form class, I had only finished the letters and not even the background, but we had to go to our class. So, we got up, put the paper back, put the colour pens back and went to our next class which I would be scared in. It was music class, and the reason I was scared is because it was our assessment day, so we were supposed to sing our song to the class and the teacher would rate it.

When we arrived to the music class, we got into our chairs and the teacher explained that we had 20 minutes to practice our song. Me and my friend practiced our song and also added adjustments to our song to make it sound better. When the teacher said that time was up, it was so quick because it didn’t even feel like 20 minutes. The teacher started at the very right side of the class, but before he did that, he started with the best musicians in the class which was the girls in the middle, I don’t even know how they are in 8n3, they should be 8n1, which is the best class in grade 8 for music. By the time it was my friend turn, they said they would do it after class, then it was our turn. We started it and I started singing and my friend also added some vocals in the background as the echoes. The teacher really liked it at the end, as the teacher said that the lyrics matched the piano sound very well and also that he said that it sounds like I worked on it outside of class, which I don’t know how he found out because I did work on it outside of class. He gave us a good score. Everyone song was really good, especially the last one, because the last one, the piano person but the beat and the other partner started spitting out bars. Once that, the teacher gave everyone their scores and it was my friend turn while everyone started packing up, they also got a good score. We were to also write down what we had improved during music class, like what we learned, how we learned, what our best parts in music is, and what stuff we could improve in music. I wrote down some stuff, my friend wrote down some stuff, and we gave it to the teacher and we went onto our last class of the day.

Our class of the day would be English. This one would seal the deal for the strange day. Firstly, in the morning, the teachers don’t question us, then I for some reason forget stuff so easily, then we had to colour in stuff for some reason, and we did amazing during music. But English, would be much stranger than all those. The class first started with the register of everyone which I didn’t remember for some reason, then after that, the teacher literally gave nothing to do which was really strange. But for some context, the teacher we had was a substitute teacher and she is a Muslim that people like to lie to her so that they can have some fun on their phones. Because of these lies, she lets people on their phone. We were just making lyrics on our paper and having some fun, until the teacher said what we were doing. We responded with not much to do and we were just writing stuff down on paper. The teacher then said where’s your phone? She told us to pull out our phone and start watching YouTube or something. THAT WAS SO WEIRD because no teacher in the world would ever say that. She said that because it was the last class of the day and we are super close to the Christmas 2-week holiday break. Then my friend pulled out his phone which I realised was a Huewai which I have a tablet the same brand. He went on google, he went to his games, and we searched stuff on YouTube, but the class already ended and so we went out and started talking because it was so weird.

Well, all of the strange stuff that happen was, in the morning, where the teachers didn’t question us for being super late to school, then I forget stuff super easily, then colour in stuff randomly, did amazing during music, no work during English, and the teacher told us to get onto our phones during English. I told bye to my friend Aiden, then I went outside to meet with Azka and my friend Mahafujr and Abbas. We talked and had fun then we biked back home knowing that I just had one of the weirdest days of school ever. Thank you for reading my day at school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I did today -Syafiq

A Fun day - Tuesday 5/12/2023